Bolivian Trauma Initiative
- TE Callese, CT Richards, P Shaw, SJ Schuetz, N Issa, L Paladino, M Swaroop: Development and Implementation of Layperson First Responder Trauma Education Programs in Low- and Middle- Income Countries: A Systemic Review. Journal of Surgical Research, Vol 190:1, 104-110. July 2014.
- TE Callese, CT Richards, P Shaw, SJ Schuetz, N Issa, L Paladino, M Swaroop: Trauma System Development in Low and Middle Income Countries: A Review. Online Oct 2014. Journal of Surgical Research, Col 193:1. 300-307. January 2015.
Chicago South Side Trauma First Responders Course
- Swaroop M, Straus D, Agubuzu O, Esposito T, Schermer C, Crandall M: Pre-hospital Transport and Survival from Penetrating Thoracic Trauma. J Emerg Trauma Shock Vol 6:1, 6-20 (2013).
- Mamta Swaroop, Contributing Author, GlobalSurg Collaborative, Mortality of emergency abdominal surgery in high-, middle- and low-income countries. BJS 2016 4 May.
- Swaroop M, Galwankar S, Stawicki, S, Balakrishnan JM, Worlton T, Tripathi RS, Bahner DP, Bhoi S, Papadimos TJ: The 9th annual INDUS-EM 2013 Emergency Medicine Summit, “Principles, Practices, and Patients,” a Level One International Meeting, Kerala University of Health Sciences and Jubilee Mission Medical College and Research Institute, Thrissur, Kerala, India, October 23-27, 2013. Philosophy, Ethics, and Humanities in Medicine, Vol 9:8, May 2014.
- Boeck MA, Nagarajan N, Swaroop M. The Role of Public Health in a Global Surgery Fellowship. J Surg Ed. June 2015 Sep; 72(5).
- Swaroop M, deVries C. Are we there yet? The Conundrum of Training in Global Surgery… JAMA Surg. 2015 Nov 1;150(11):1079.
- M O Trudeau, M Swaroop, DH Rothstein. Humanitarian Skill Set Acquisition Trends Among Graduating U.S. Surgical Residents, 2004-2014. JSR. 2016 Jun 15;203(2);319-23.
Nanakpur (India) Health Initiative
- S Cherukupalli, A Singh, C Pathak, J Ji, S Agarwal, A Aggarwal, M Hockstein, I Helenowski, A Bhalla, M Shapiro, A Loharikar, M Swaroop: A Needs Assessment of Charnia, Haryana in Rural India Reveals Significant Socioeconomic and Health Disparities in a Local Geographical Area. Journal of Global Health, Spring 2015: vol 2.
South Asia Injury Prevention
- Siddiqui S, Arora S, Sagar S, Crandall M, Swaroop M: Surveying Attitudes and Influences of Female Pillion Riders in New Delhi, India. Journal of Surgical Research. Vol 184:1, 404-10, Sept 2013.
- Joshi A, Rajhans P, Galwankar S, Arquilla B, Swaroop M, Stawicki S, Das B, Aggarwal P, Bhoi S, Kalra OP. Academic College of Emergency Experts in India’s INDO-US Joint Working Group (JWG) White Paper on the Integrated Emergency Communication Response Service in India: Much more than just a number! J Emerg Trauma Shock Vol 6:3, 216-223 (2013).
- Siddiqui SM, Sagar S, Gupta A, Mishra MC, Crandall M, Swaroop M. Patterns of Injury: Motorized Two Wheeler Pillion Riders in New Delhi, India. JSR. 2016 Sep; 205(1):142-6.