To address trauma and surgical needs, NTSI has both local and international projects. The value of stakeholders and local perspective is not lost on our team. Our partnerships are community- and provider-based and include both government and non-governmental organizations (NGOs). We aim to maximize the potential of the existing infrastructure in partnership with local and community members who are vested in their society.
- Bolivian Trauma Initiative—improving injury prevention and trauma care to reduce morbidity and mortality within the Bolivian population.
- Chicago South Side Trauma First Responders Course—empowering bystanders to intervene in trauma situations by training the general public to administer first aid.
- GlobalSurg Collaboration—collecting data on surgical outcomes as part of a 60-country research project.
- Global Surgery & Anesthesia Simulation—promoting the use of simulation in the training of residents in Global Health.
- Injury Severity Perception—helping predict the probability of survival in trauma patients.
- International Rotations—enhancing surgical residency education globally.
- Nanakpur (India) Health Initiative—increasing access to surgical care in a rural community.
- South Asia Injury Prevention—raising awareness of helmet safety for female pillion riders in India and Pakistan.